Do you as a business owner feel that you need support from someone who knows about numbers?
Would you like to benefit from increased profits?
Perhaps you would like an experienced finance professional as part of your team but don't want the heavy, ongoing costs associated with having a full-time, permanent Finance Director or Controller on board.
Then talk to us.
We can provide a strategic sounding board to help you achieve real financial benefits from the best business performance.
Ways we can help include:
- Improving cash flow – through cash management and forecasting.
- Maximising profit – by producing clear and concise management information that shows where the company is making and/or losing money and the impact of selling more/selling more often/increasing prices/reducing costs.
- Tighten controls – ensuring robust controls are in place as the business changes or grows.
- Understand the direction and goals the owner/manager has for themselves and the business and help them achieve these.
Case study – the problems and then the solution
An example of where we have worked with an owner manager of a growing business.
We have monthly meetings with the owner acting as a sounding board, suggesting solutions to issues arising in the business and going through key information that shows how the business is performing. We then action what has been agreed in the time before we next meet up.
Examples of areas covered include
- Introduced robust controls and systems around a number of areas in the business including
- Handling of cash sales
- Transfer of foreign currency between bank accounts
- Assisted in ensuring systems in place to capture all the data required for implementing VAT MOSS re: digital sales.
- Ensure the appropriate VAT scheme was being used for certain type of sales (VAT TOMS (Tour Operators Margin Scheme)).
- Provided regular financial information (including gross margin analysis, forecast Profit and Loss)
- Ensure that the company corporate and personal tax planning are always considered (such as additional company pension contributions to the Director, dividend planning so as to keep personal allowance)